Airport-Data.com Forum Index  
  Airport-Data.com » Forums  Guest: Log in |  Register |  Search |  Memberlist |  Usergroups |  Profile |  Private messages |  FAQ 
N5915A 1956 Cessna 172 - remove pics       

N5915A 1956 Cessna 172 - remove pics 
Florida Metal

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 4:50 pm    Post subject: N5915A 1956 Cessna 172 - remove pics Reply with quote

Has anyone else been getting emails from this Cessna owner asking you to take down his aircraft pictures? I notice that there are less pictures of this plane on here now than in the past. This guy approached me at Sun N Fun a couple years ago asking me to delete the picture of his plane, he wasn't the most friendly person out there. I kindly reminded him that at an event like Sun N Fun, which is an airshow/fly in - there are thousands of photographers and he should have known that. If he didn't want his plane photographed, then he should have drove instead of flown. On top of that, he parks his plane on the vintage aircraft line where there are bound to be a lot of photographers - rather than parking it in the camping area on the west side of the field where there are no photographers walking around. I told him that at a place like Sun N Fun, it is like those warning signs when you go into a club/bar that there will be photography in use. I understand taking a picture of his plane at his private hangar or parking spot at his home airport - but if you bring your plane to Sun N Fun, Osh Kosh etc - you pretty much waived everything

dennisheal

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply Reply with quote

Hi, I received the same email from airport data. I have not done anything to date with my photo. I have noticed that other websites, doing a google search, have pictures of this plane.

At this time I am going to leave my photo up and wait to hear from airport.data.

If the website determines a photograph is inappropriate to be posted then they can request we take it down. This site is for informational purposes only.

In public events such as these displays and demonstration, i.e. air shows/fly-ins photography is open. Airport-data does not use this information for commerical purposes.

Florida Metal

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He/she must have convinced enough people to do it because there are less pics on here and on a google search. I say he and she because a guy spoke to me at Sun N Fun, but other people I have talked to said his wife approached them to delete their pictures. It's really weird because I go around shooting thousands of aircraft and this is the only case. Most of the time the pilots will talk your ear off about your aircraft, invite you into the cockpit etc.

Again I didn't go to his private hangar and shoot it. I made sure the owner wasn't seen in the aircraft etc and the fact that it is parked in the vintage aircraft parking display area at probably the second biggest aviation show in North America means he/she knows it will be photographed

Ztex

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a photo of this aircraft..taken at a public use airport...sitting in front of a flight school banner no less. LOL

I have not been contacted.

If I am contacted there will be absolute silence from me.

If they guy wants to keep his airplane a secret then he should de-register the thing and stick it in a barn.

It is registered in Georgia and may live at 1GA2 (Flying N Estates)
I found that information on that super secret FAA website (FAA.gov)

What a turd. (IMHO)

Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Florida Metal

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zane your picture may have been taken before he/she owned it. I noticed yet another person took their picture down that we are down to 4. I think Terry Fletcher took his picture down as he had one up. There is your pic and another from that airport you took it at around 2008, and there are 2 from Sun N Fun 2013.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Airport-Data.com Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Jump to: