Airport-Data.com Forum Index  
  Airport-Data.com » Forums  Guest: Log in |  Register |  Search |  Memberlist |  Usergroups |  Profile |  Private messages |  FAQ 
Aircraft N89EZ       

Aircraft N89EZ 
Moondog2010

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 7:39 pm    Post subject: Aircraft N89EZ Reply with quote

First off a question? The number on the tail and body of the aircraft N89EZ stays with that aircraft for the life of the plane right? If the plane is gone can another use it?

I am asking this since i seem to have found my dad's old VeriEZ on here. He built it back 1979 and had to sell it when he got cancer in 1993. I just found a picture of it being flown last year! Same paint job just freshened up!

My dad took his time 2.5 years and built that plane right! Looks like it time well spent!

My dad would be happy!!

VeriEZ_004.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  751.95 KB
 Viewed:  4107 Time(s)

VeriEZ_004.jpg

Doug Robertson

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In answer to your question, an N number can be changed for a fee by an owner or new purchaser if the requested Number is available; as the N number does NOT have to remain on an assigned aircraft for the aircraft's life. The change is possible with a re-registration fee and new number availability.

An N number, if available, can also be put on hold for a fee, also. (There are certain FAA restrictions/limitations on N numbers).

This site has removed, in the case of EAB-aircraft (Experimental-Amateur Built), the registered names of the original aircraft builders/registrars. That can make for some confusion, unless the FAA Registry is consulted to trace specific N number aircraft ownership, which retains (aims to) through various subsequent purchasers, the original registrar's name. Aircraft escrow companies can also trace previous registrations of a particular aircraft, sometimes as a courtesy, sometimes for a fee-it depends....There are also shysters about who falsify aircraft in registration-not always caught by the FAA.

Subsequent purchasers of any aircraft can apply for an N number change if the number is available, subject to the FAA guidelines for N numbers. Some aircraft, production or EAB have been re-registered multiple times through subsequent sales with possibly different N numbers, with required fees paid.

Owner of Plane 
JULIET

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:46 pm    Post subject: Owner of Plane Reply with quote

My dad owns this plane and would love to get in contact with builder or his son. He is the one in the newer photo.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Airport-Data.com Forum Index -> Aircraft All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Jump to: