Airport-Data.com Forum Index  
  Airport-Data.com » Forums  Guest: Log in |  Register |  Search |  Memberlist |  Usergroups |  Profile |  Private messages |  FAQ 
Paris Air Show Starts 18 June 2013       

Paris Air Show Starts 18 June 2013 
Doug Robertson

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 2:43 pm    Post subject: Paris Air Show Starts 18 June 2013 Reply with quote

There will be substantial American participation changes in the Paris Air Show this year because sequestration means no American military aircraft will participate. American defense contractors have either scaled back participation or will be no-shows. Northrop-Grumman will not attend. Lockheed-Martin will have a reduced presence, trimming physical presence by 50% and sending 25% fewer people to save estimated $1 million.

Boeing will likely announce new orders, but its defense unit is more interested in air shows in the U.K., Dubai and Singapore. Raytheon will be at Paris. The American aircraft/defense industry will, instead, concentrate on unmanned systems aircraft at Paris as drones are becoming popular with long-term U.S and NATO missions in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Russia is expected to show/fly its YAK-130 light attack jet, the Kamov KA-52 attack helicopter and the Sukhoi Su-35 fighter at Paris.

Some years ago France and the U.K. decided to cooperate by holding the Paris and the Farnborough Air Shows every other year instead of competing annually. I expect this is still the arrangement so next year should be Farnborough's turn.

Meanwhile, the American annual EAA AirVenture Air Show starting (officially) 29 July at Oshkosh remains the world's largest air show in attendance. (I write "officially" because my last attendance at OSH arrival two days early on Saturday and the EAA was ready for us then).

Doug Robertson

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yesterday at the opening day of the Paris Air Show Boeing announced 10 orders from General Electric's aircraft leasing unit for B787-10X wide-body jets. Qatar Airways ordered 2 B777-300ER jets, with an option for 7 more. European rival Airbus announced a possible order from Doric Leasing Corp. for 20 A380 jumbo jets. Brazil's Embraer received 100 orders for its midsize E2 jet from SkyWest.

Doug Robertson

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The second day of the Paris Air Show brought far more business to Boeing as firm orders for new aircraft accumulated. Air Lease Corp. ordered 3 of Boeing's B787-9s and 30 B787-10s. Singapore Airlines ordered 30 B787-10s and British Airways signed for 12 firm orders for the B787-10. United Airlines ordered 20 B787-10s. Ryanair indicated it would finalize an order for 175 B737-800s on Wednesday (today). Korean Air ordered 5 B747-8 passenger aircraft.

Meanwhile, Airbus announced the U.K budget airline EasyJet added 35 Airbus A230s to an existing order and signed for 100 A320neo jets, a total deal that is valued at $11 billion. (You do the British Pound conversion). International Lease Finance Corp. ordered 50 A320neo jets.
Very Happy

Doug Robertson

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The third day of the Paris air Show brought even more business to Boeing. CIT Aerospace, an aircraft leasing firm ordered 30 of its new B737-MAX 8 jets with a $3 billion price. Oman Air ordered five B737-900ER jets, valued at $473 million.

Brazil's Embraer inked several big deals for its narrow-body jets.

Airbus took an order from Air France-KLM for 25 A350-900 jumbo jets. Doric Asset Finance placed an option for 20 A380 double-deckers.

Lockheed-Martin contracted with Mitsubishi Heavy Industries to build a plant to produce F-35 Joint Strike Fighters in Japan.

The Paris Air Show is all about aircraft deals, big $ deals!

Doug Robertson

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The fourth day of the Paris Air Show brought additional orders for Airbus, securing a firm deal with United Continental for ten A350-1000s; (United Continental had been an original launch customer of Boeing for the B787-10 jet).

Discount airline Spirit Airlines signed a firm order for 20 A321s valued at $2.1 billion.

Last edited by Doug Robertson on Sat Jun 22, 2013 6:48 pm; edited 1 time in total

Doug Robertson

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The fifth day of the Paris Air Show brought Airbus even more orders from United Continental, bringing United Continental total A350 orders at the show to 35.

Airbus also flew a demonstration of its A350 widebody jet over the show, just one week from its maiden flight. That would certainly help with the A350 orders pouring in.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Airport-Data.com Forum Index -> Events All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Jump to: