Airport-Data.com Forum Index  
  Airport-Data.com » Forums  Guest: Log in |  Register |  Search |  Memberlist |  Usergroups |  Profile |  Private messages |  FAQ 
Aircraft N318T       

Aircraft N318T 
OldKeyWester

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:56 pm    Post subject: Aircraft N318T Reply with quote

[url=http://www.airport-data.com/aircraft/N318T.html]N318T[/url]
I thought I would post a little history on this still active aircraft.
In 1962 -64 I was a cadet observer with the Civil Air Patrol in Key West Florida. As an observer I flew in this A/C many many times. I think I logged over 100 hours.
The plane was piloted by Major Ken Able, Captain Donald C. (Don) Hendrix and pilot James (Jim) Sutton plus a number of others who names I have long forgotten.
This plane flew in a number of S&R missions throughout the 2-3 years I can remember.
I was viewing some old 8mm film from family members and ran across some video of this plane and one of the practice flights, over Key West, and West over the Marquesas Keys, past the quick sands and buzzed around some sunken naval vessels used for military live ammo target practice then returned East back to Key West.
That was one sweet riding A/C and I have many fond memories of it. Maybe one day I can get the old film moved into movie maker and produce some digital clips.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Airport-Data.com Forum Index -> Aircraft All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Jump to: