Chris Hall's Photo Gallery

Total 76564 pictures. 302 in this folder.   Contact    Home

 
 Gallery Home

Aircraft and aiport photos are sorted separately. Airport photos always shown after aircraft photos.

G-ALWF photo, click to enlarge
named after the British Arctic explorer Sir John Franklin
77-0259 photo, click to enlarge
displayed at the American Air Museum, Duxford
KB889 photo, click to enlarge
Displayed in 428 Sqn markings with which it served
G-AHTW photo, click to enlarge
The Oxford was built in 1940 and registered as G-AHTW, but it never saw RAF service. It was used as company communications aircraft until 1960 and came to Duxford in 1978, displayed inside the AirSpace hangar, Duxford. Wearing the serial V3388
ZH590 photo, click to enlarge
4th development aircraft which made its maiden flight from Warton on March 14th 1997, On display in the AirSpace hangar at Duxford
G-RUMM photo, click to enlarge
The Fighter Collection, Hangar 2, Imperial War Museum, Duxford
BAPC255 photo, click to enlarge
Replica P-51 displayed in the American Air Museum, Duxford
XE627 photo, click to enlarge
Preserved at the IWM Duxford
BAPC057 photo, click to enlarge
Pilcher Hawk (replica) displayed in the AirSpace hangar
G-AXDN photo, click to enlarge
displayed inside the AirSpace hangar, Duxford
XH648 photo, click to enlarge
first flew on 27th November 1959, served with 57 Sqn, 15 Sqn and 55 Sqn. Retired to Duxford in June 1976. Under restoration in the AirSpace hangar
TG528 photo, click to enlarge
Served with 24 and 36 Sqns. Acquired from the Skyfame museum at Staverton after its closure in 1979. Preserved in the AirSpace hangar at Duxford
XR222 photo, click to enlarge
The Fourth prototype airframe constructed and was nearly complete when the programme was cancelled. It was at the College of Aeronautics at Cranfield from 1965 until 1978 it was transferred to the Imperial War Museum at Duxford.
XV712 photo, click to enlarge
Ex 814 Sqn Royal Navy Sea King inside Hangar 5, IWM Duxford
G-AGTO photo, click to enlarge
Hangared at the IWM Duxford
G-BPIV photo, click to enlarge
The original Mk IV nose off G-BPIV. after a landing accident in 2003 It was decided to return the aircraft to the air as a Mk I Blenheim. The MK1 has a snub nosed look compared to the latter MKIV models.
XV474 photo, click to enlarge
XV474 served with 2, 17, 19, 23, 31 and 56 Squadrons, and was the first RAF F-4 to appear in the air defence grey scheme
G-AOVT photo, click to enlarge
Entered service with BOAC in 1959, purchased by British Eagle in 1963, bought by the newly-formed Monarch Airlines in May 1969 then leased to Invicta Airlines. Donated to the DAS in 1975
X4178 photo, click to enlarge
In the markings of Spitfire Mk.I code EB-K operated by No 41 Squadron at RAF Hornchurch during Battle of Britain
G-BTCD photo, click to enlarge
The Old Flying Machine Company P-51D Mustang "Ferocious Frankie"
44-61748 photo, click to enlarge
"It's Hawg Wild" Boeing B-29 Superfortress 461748, preserved in the American Air Museum, Duxford
XS567 photo, click to enlarge
Served on HMS Endurance from 1976-1982 before being retired, on display in Hangar 5 - The Maritime Collection at the IWM Duxford
WH725 photo, click to enlarge
Suspended from the ceiling in the AirSpace hanger. served with 50 Sqn at RAF Binbrook later moving to RAF Upwood
B2I-103 photo, click to enlarge
One of 236 licence built by CASA of Spain and identical to the He.111 H-6, under long term restoration at the IWM Duxford
KB889 photo, click to enlarge
Displayed in 428 Sqn markings with which it served
G-BUKY photo, click to enlarge
on the apron at Duxford
G-LIZY photo, click to enlarge
displayed inside the AirSpace hangar, Duxford
G-ALDG photo, click to enlarge
the only surviving Handley Page HP.81 Hermes preserved in BOAC colours and displayed inside the AirSpace hangar, Duxford
E2581 photo, click to enlarge
on display in Hangar 4 at the IWM Duxford
G-BCOU photo, click to enlarge
undergoing a rebuild at Duxford
G-BXCV photo, click to enlarge
Aircraft Restoration Co's De Havilland Chipmunk 22
61-7962 photo, click to enlarge
The only SR-71 on display outside the United States, displayed in the American Air Museum Duxford.
N7614C photo, click to enlarge
displayed at the American Air Museum, Duxford
56-0689 photo, click to enlarge
flew into Duxford in October 1983, Preserved in the American Air Museum, Duxford
G-RUMW photo, click to enlarge
The Fighter Collection's Grumman FM Wildcat
G-AHTW photo, click to enlarge
The Oxford was built in 1940 and registered as G-AHTW, but it never saw RAF service. It was used as company communications aircraft until 1960 and came to Duxford in 1978, displayed inside the AirSpace hangar, Duxford. Wearing the serial V3388
XM135 photo, click to enlarge
In 74 'Tiger' squadron colours displayed inside the AirSpace hangar, Duxford
VN485 photo, click to enlarge
displayed inside the AirSpace hangar, Duxford
G-BEDF photo, click to enlarge
Sally B nose art on the port side
G-ACUU photo, click to enlarge
Built in 1934, this was originally registered as G-ACUU. Upon the outbreak of World War 2, over a dozen civil C.30As were impressed for military service with the RAF. This example served with the Royal Air Force as HM580.
G-BTCD photo, click to enlarge
The Old Flying Machine Company P-51D Mustang "Ferocious Frankie"
G-ASGC photo, click to enlarge
Preserved by the Duxford Aviation Society in BOAC colour scheme
XV865 photo, click to enlarge
Served with the Royal Navy with 736 NAS and 809 NAS. Transferred to the RAF and served with 216 Sqn, 208 Sqn, 12 Sqn and 237 OCU. Acquired by the IWM in 1999
ZH590 photo, click to enlarge
4th development aircraft which made its maiden flight from Warton on March 14th 1997, On display in the AirSpace hangar at Duxford
XZ133 photo, click to enlarge
former Falklands war veretan suspended from the ceiling in the AirSpace hanger, IWM Duxford
G-ANTK photo, click to enlarge
ex-Dan-Air London Avro York owned by the Duxford Aviation Society displayed in the 'Airspace' hangar
XV865 photo, click to enlarge
Served with the Royal Navy with 736 NAS and 809 NAS. Transferred to the RAF and served with 216 Sqn, 208 Sqn, 12 Sqn and 237 OCU. Acquired by the IWM in 1999
G-SPIT photo, click to enlarge
Painted in markings of Wing Commander James Edgar "Johnnie" Johnson, OC 127th Wing
ZE359 photo, click to enlarge
Duxford's Phantom F-4J was built in 1967 and entered service with the US Navy in March 1968. It was subsequently transferred to the Royal Air Force as ZE359 in 1984, serving with 74 Squadron, to Duxford in 1991 and restored in USN colours for display.
1133 photo, click to enlarge
Royal Saudi Airforce BAC 167 Strikemaster displayed in the AirSpace hangar
BAPC093 photo, click to enlarge
Fieseler Fi.103 VI replica displayed in hangar 4 at the IWM Duxford
61-7962 photo, click to enlarge
The only SR-71 on display outside the United States, displayed in the American Air Museum Duxford.
G-ARUL photo, click to enlarge
hangared at Duxford
ML796 photo, click to enlarge
Once used as a nightclub (le Mister Blue) in France in the early 1970's, It was acquired by the IWM in 1976 and restored in RAF Coastal Command 201 Sqn colours
XX108 photo, click to enlarge
Britain's first production Jaguar made its maiden flight from Warton on October 12th 1972. It was operated by BAC Warton as part of the Trials Fleet
XM135 photo, click to enlarge
displayed inside the AirSpace hangar, Duxford
N6635 photo, click to enlarge
Hanging from the ceiling of the AirSpace hangar at the Imperial War Museum, Composite airframe rebuild built using the wings from G-APAP. Painted to represent 22 EFTS Cambridge and wearing the false registration N6635.
N47DD photo, click to enlarge
ex Peruvian Air Force P47D displayed in the American Air Museum wearing false USAF markings and serial 226413
G-BURZ photo, click to enlarge
Historic Aircraft Collection's Hawker Nimrod II
G-BGPB photo, click to enlarge
This aircraft was previously registered as 1747 (Portuguese Air Force), BF+050 (West German Air Force), AA+050 (West German Air Force) and 53-4619 (USAF)
G-RJAH photo, click to enlarge
in USAAC colours and wearing the serial 44
76-0020 photo, click to enlarge
in the markings of the 5th F.I.S
G-LIZY photo, click to enlarge
displayed inside the AirSpace hangar, Duxford
100143 photo, click to enlarge
The Focke-Achgelis FA 330 Bachstelze was a type of rotary-wing kite, known as a gyroglider or rotor kite. They were towed behind German U-boats during World War II to allow a lookout to see farther.
XG613 photo, click to enlarge
During its operational life it was used by De Havilland factory for testing, served with the A&AEE at Boscombe Down and RAE Bedford. Displayed at Old Warden in 1969 before moving to Duxford in 1971
G-BPIV photo, click to enlarge
originally a Mk IV, after a landing accident in 2003 It was decided to return the aircraft to the air as a Mk I Blenheim. The MK1 has a snub nosed look compared to the latter MKIV models.
G-AXDN photo, click to enlarge
view of the cockpit
WH725 photo, click to enlarge
Suspended from the ceiling in the AirSpace hanger. served with 50 Sqn at RAF Binbrook later moving to RAF Upwood
G-ACUU photo, click to enlarge
Built in 1934, this was originally registered as G-ACUU. Upon the outbreak of World War 2, over a dozen civil C.30As were impressed for military service with the RAF. This example served with the Royal Air Force as HM580.
G-BTCC photo, click to enlarge
the only F-6F Hellcat flying in Europe and is painted in the colours of BuNo 40467 when assigned to VF-6 "Felix the Cat" onboard the USS Intrepid in 1944. Here she was the aircraft of Lieutenant Alex Vraciu who was credited with 9 enemy aircraft kills
XJ824 photo, click to enlarge
Served with 27 Sqn, 9 Sqn, 230 OCU, 44 (Rhodesia) Sqn and 101 Sqn. Flown to RAF Duxford in March 1982 and displayed inside the AirSpace hangar
Y2-176 photo, click to enlarge
Recovered from Taroa in the Marshall Islands in 1991, originally part of the 252nd Japanese Naval Air Group. Acquired by the IWM in 1999
G-ARMG photo, click to enlarge
hangared at the IWM Duxford
G-ALZO photo, click to enlarge
This airframe is the sole survivor of the production run of 23 Ambassadors built for BEA. Purchased by the Jordanian Air Force in 1960, then Dan-Air in 1963. After being in storage at Lasham for over a decade, it was donated to the DAS in 1986
N-250 photo, click to enlarge
nose-section of former Royal Netherlands Air Force Hawker Hunter F.6 displayed in the AirSpace hangar
WH725 photo, click to enlarge
Suspended from the ceiling in the AirSpace hanger. served with 50 Sqn at RAF Binbrook later moving to RAF Upwood
G-BHUB photo, click to enlarge
This aircraft was used in the TV series "Airline" and was painted as G-AGIV with "Ruskin Air Services" titles
G-BURZ photo, click to enlarge
Historic Aircraft Collection's Hawker Nimrod II
A19-144 photo, click to enlarge
The Fighter Collection's Bristol Beaufighter MkXIc under restoration
KB889 photo, click to enlarge
Displayed in 428 Sqn markings with which it served.
1190 photo, click to enlarge
This display recreates its crash landing in a field near East Dean, Sussex 30th September 1940.The pilot, Horst Perez was shot, wounded and captured.
56-6692 photo, click to enlarge
displayed at the American Air Museum, Duxford
G-AVFB photo, click to enlarge
Preserved by the Duxford Aviation Society in the original BEA "red square" livery
G-CGZP photo, click to enlarge
The Fighter Collection's Curtiss P-40F Warhawk
G-AXDN photo, click to enlarge
The third of the six aircraft used in the extensive testing program, it was donated to the Duxford Aviation Society and flown to Duxford on August 20th 1977. This shot depicts the Moses Lake logo where it conducted de-icing system tests
G-CCVH photo, click to enlarge
The Fighter Collection's Curtiss H75-A1 Hawk
ML796 photo, click to enlarge
Once used as a nightclub (le Mister Blue) in France in the early 1970's, It was acquired by the IWM in 1976 and restored in RAF Coastal Command 201 Sqn colours
44-40593 photo, click to enlarge
"DUGAN" nose art
F-BDRS photo, click to enlarge
no longer wearing "Mary Alice" on the nose
G-BEDF photo, click to enlarge
"Sally B" was used in the film Memphis Belle as one of 5 flying B-17s needed for various film scenes, and it was used to replicate the real Memphis Belle in one scene. Half of the aircraft is still in the Memphis Belle livery