Chris Hall's Photo Gallery

Total 76555 pictures. 27 in this folder.   Contact    Home

 
 Gallery Home

Aircraft and aiport photos are sorted separately. Airport photos always shown after aircraft photos.

G-MIOO photo, click to enlarge
X2WD Airport, 2013-10-20
The Miles M.100 Student prototype was designed as a jet trainer. Miles had hoped to secure an RAF order, but the contract went to the Jet Provost.
BAPC233 photo, click to enlarge
X2WD Airport, 2013-10-20
Built at Woodley Airfield in 1946, having been in storage at Farnborough for some years, it was bought back to Woodley in 1993 for restoration in the Museum by its present owner Pat Pottinger and one of its original creators Ken Radburn.
XG883 photo, click to enlarge
X2WD Airport, 2013-10-20
preserved at the Museum of Berkshire Aviation, Woodley
XJ389 photo, click to enlarge
X2WD Airport, 2013-10-20
Fairey Jet Gyrodyne XJ389 c/n F9420, This helicopter is a conversion of Gyrodyne G-AJJP and first flew at White Waltham in its new configuration in January 1954.
XP849 photo, click to enlarge
X2WD Airport, 2013-10-20
preserved at the Museum of Berkshire Aviation, Woodley
G-APWA photo, click to enlarge
X2WD Airport, 2013-10-20
G-APWA was the first production version of the Herald and first flew on October 30, 1959.
G-MIOO photo, click to enlarge
X2WD Airport, 2013-10-20
The Miles M.100 Student prototype was designed as a jet trainer. Miles had hoped to secure an RAF order, but the contract went to the Jet Provost.
BGA1288 photo, click to enlarge
X2WD Airport, 2013-10-20
one of only two produced, Built in 1965 for the World Gliding Championships, preserved at the Museum of Berkshire Aviation, Woodley
BAPC044 photo, click to enlarge
X2WD Airport, 2013-10-20
Replica constructed using the remaining components and small metal parts of G-AKKY which languished for many years during which time the fuselage and centre section was destroyed, preserved at the Museum of Berkshire Aviation, Woodley
TF-SHC photo, click to enlarge
X2WD Airport, 2013-10-20
It crashed at Kopasker in the far North-East of Iceland in 1951 and the wreckage remained there until 1977, when it was moved to Reykjavik Airport by The Icelandic Aviation Historical Society and put into covered storage. Moving to Woodley in 1996.
G-ALMN photo, click to enlarge
X2WD Airport, 2013-10-20
Last flew on the 7th May 1950. It was then stored at Farnborough for many years before being donated to the Museum of Berkshire Aviation, Woodley
G-MIOO photo, click to enlarge
X2WD Airport, 2013-10-20
The only example of its kind, it crashed at Duxford on 24th August 1989. Restored to static display by a team of volunteers, many of whom were involved in the restoration of the Herald.
XP849 photo, click to enlarge
X2WD Airport, 2013-10-20
preserved at the Museum of Berkshire Aviation, Woodley
G-APWA photo, click to enlarge
X2WD Airport, 2013-10-20
Relocated to the Museum of Berkshire Aviation from Southend in 1993. Over 14,000 man-hours were spent on its restoration
BGA1288 photo, click to enlarge
X2WD Airport, 2013-10-20
one of only two produced, Built in 1965 for the World Gliding Championships, preserved at the Museum of Berkshire Aviation, Woodley
TF-SHC photo, click to enlarge
X2WD Airport, 2013-10-20
In 1993, staff from The Museum of Berkshire Aviation visited Iceland to negotiate the return of this historic aircraft to Woodley. Excellent co-operation from the Icelanders meant that it was finally moved by sea and lorry freight to Woodley in March 1996
G-APWA photo, click to enlarge
X2WD Airport, 2013-10-20
G-APWA was the first production version of the Herald and first flew on October 30, 1959. By the end of production in 1965 a total of 48 Heralds were built. Now preserved at the Museum of Berkshire Aviation, Woodley
G-MIOO photo, click to enlarge
X2WD Airport, 2013-10-20
The Miles M.100 Student prototype was designed as a jet trainer. Miles had hoped to secure an RAF order, but the contract went to the Jet Provost.
G-ALMN photo, click to enlarge
X2WD Airport, 2013-10-20
Last flew on the 7th May 1950. It was then stored at Farnborough for many years before being donated to the Museum of Berkshire Aviation, Woodley
XJ389 photo, click to enlarge
X2WD Airport, 2013-10-20
Fairey Jet Gyrodyne XJ389 c/n F9420, This helicopter is a conversion of Gyrodyne G-AJJP and first flew at White Waltham in its new configuration in January 1954. Initially allocated Serial XD759, it was changed to XJ389 due to duplication.
XG883 photo, click to enlarge
X2WD Airport, 2013-10-20
preserved at the Museum of Berkshire Aviation, Woodley
BGA1288 photo, click to enlarge
X2WD Airport, 2013-10-20
one of only two produced, Built in 1965 for the World Gliding Championships, preserved at the Museum of Berkshire Aviation, Woodley
BAPC044 photo, click to enlarge
X2WD Airport, 2013-10-20
Replica constructed using the remaining components and small metal parts of G-AKKY which languished for many years during which time the fuselage and centre section was destroyed, preserved at the Museum of Berkshire Aviation, Woodley
G-AMEW photo, click to enlarge
X2WD Airport, 2013-10-20
This is the largest known piece of a HPR Marathon preserved at the Museum of Berkshire Aviation, Woodley
TF-SHC photo, click to enlarge
X2WD Airport, 2013-10-20
The sole surviving Martinet, built in 1943, and spent its operational life in Iceland at RAF Reykjavik. In 1949, MS902 was sold to the Akureyri Flying Club and given the Icelandic civil registration TF-SHC
X2WD Airport photo
X2WD Airport
2013-10-20
large scale model of Miles M5 Sparrowhawk G-ADNL at the Museum of Berkshire Aviation, Woodley
X2WD Airport photo
X2WD Airport
2013-10-20
Armstrong Siddeley Double Mamba ASMD 1 turboprop preserved at the Museum of Berkshire Aviation, Woodley